Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Know What I Hate? Fantasy Scoring.

I hate fantasy football scoring that isn't the traditional 1 point per every 10 yards for running backs and wide receivers. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I'm doing in my playoff fantasy football league and I look at the scoring system because this could be some big bucks for me. First off, why should a quarterback's touchdown throw (4 points) be worth less than a receiver's touchdown catch (6 points) or a rushing touchdown (6 points)? On top of that if the damn quarterback does manage to run in a touchdown, its freakin' worth SIX POINTS!!! DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE? It only gets worse because you get 1 point for every 5 pass COMPLETIONS and apparently interceptions don't do anything to a quarterback's points, which are both retarded in my opinion and it really pisses me off.

Now on to the running back, wide receiver and tight end points, where it gets just plain old stupid. Why would a running back ever get 1 point per 5 CARRIES!??! WHO CARES ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES A GUY GETS THE BALL, RIGHT? Oh weird, 'I TAKE DAT MIKEAL BURNER GUY AND I WIN-O!' Also the running back only gets 1 point for every 30 yards rushing, which seems a bit high to me, but still makes the most sense out of all these rules. The 'point per reception' rule is where I really start flamin' because it takes a running back 2 receptions for every 1 point, whereas wide receivers and tight ends get 1 point for every ONE reception! It's supposed to be a POINT PER RECEPTION league! Does this make any sense to anyone else?

I really don't even want to get started on the kicker's and defense's because I have just finished up totaling my score and it turns out I'm currently in 5th place out of 6 people, so I'm a little pissed off right now. FUCK!!

1 comment:

  1. Whoever put together the points per carry rule must have been about 35 beers deep. At least it isnt ESPN Fantasy baseball category-based scoring where whoever wastes the most amount of time picking up free agents always wins. So stupid.

    ReplyDelete