Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Does Bob Knight know he is not a coach anymore? By Kip Payless



So im trying to watch some college hoops the other day between Kansas State and Baylor. But wait...who's that annoucning?.....good ole Bob Knight. Now I have respect for Bobby don't get me wrong. He's one of the most successful coaches of all time. But when it comes to calling a game he could be the worst. Every single play you have to put up with Knight telling the audience what the team did wrong or what the team should have done instead. "Ya you see here, where he missed that contested shot. Well he probably shouldn't have shot it." Or...."Ya see here where his pass went out of bounds. If I was coaching I would have told him to throw it to a teammate who was wide-open under the hoop so he could lay it in." Or else you have...."You see here where this guy made the game winning shot at the buzzer. Well I would have put myself into the game and chucked the ball off the opposite backboard so that the ball flew all the way over to the other hoop and then I would have tip slammed it in with no time left. That would have been the smarter play."


SHUT UP BOB KNIGHT!......no one cares what you think they should have done. Your not coaching anymore!!


This brings me to my next point of the game. Has anyone ever seen Frank Martin?! The Kansas State coach is the scariest coach I have ever seen. He is always screaming at his players like he is going to kill them. I don't know how gets any recruits. Who would want to play for someone who looks like this everytime you miss a shot. Often you can read his lips saying to his player "WHY THE F#@$ DID YOU MISS!!" or " IM GOING TO KILL YOU!! AND IT WON'T BE MY FIRST TIME!!!" .....Is it just me or does he look a lot like Arnold here.
I think this is Arnold's reaction after he just heard Bob Knight was announcing the next game.
Frank just needs to take a page from Arnold's younger days and smoke a cig with a group of creepy people sitting overtop of him. It also doesn't hurt to get a sweet shirt like Arnold's either.

2 comments:

  1. At least Bobby K doesn't make stupid 'zones' up, like the Pac-10 announcers. 'OH MAN THIS GUY IS OFFICIALLY IN THE (WILDCAT, DUCK, COUGAR, HUSKIE, etc.) ZONE'

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Duck Zone is as real as the Catron by which it came into being.

    ReplyDelete